Friday, January 23, 2009

Needle Play










Needle play is a body art form in which needles of various gauges and lengths are inserted just under the skin to create patterns and designs. Needle play is also a very controlled and therapeutic way for me to deal with, release and heal deep and strong emotions without causing myself permanent scars or risking a lethal injury. This is my first experience with needle play. Having several body piercings done by my friend i was able to relax and completely submit to the process. Thanks to Chris for asking me to sit for him, the result is beautiful and healing.
My friend is a skilled body piercer and artist. The needles used in this pattern are 25 gauge and there were 44 needles used to create the nautilus on my back. This is the first in a series of needle play sessions that will be photographed to build his portfolio and hopefully get him published. I, and my therapeutic needs are only too happy to volunteer for the piercing. There is amazingly little pain with each singular piercing, but the cumulative effect is stunning.

2 comments:

Ku773r said...

Check out my other work at:

About.me/ckmodz <---my digital business card

Or you can go straight to my pages at any one of these links:

www.ckmodz.com
www.facebook.com/onesduality
www.facebook.com/ckmodz

Ku773r said...

By the way, to book an appointment for any of the following services:

Body Piercing
Branding
Custom Jewelry
Large Gauge Piercing, DermalPunching, & Scalpelling
Micro-Dermal, Transdermal, Subdermal Implants
Needle Play
Performance Modification & Sideshow
Private or Group Sideshow Instruction
Private Suspensions
Ritualistic Counseling
Scarification
Tongue Splitting

Currently performing at
Above All Tattoo
in Downtown Fullerton
For appointments txt

714-254-5484